Friday, March 28, 2008

An average day.....

As I rush down to the first floor of our two-story house where I live in a joint family with my granny and uncles I take a pledge to wake up early next morning and go for a walk, which had been long due. An early morning at my place is kind of upside down with everybody rushing around to leave for the day. The common sight is to see me youngest cousin running around with his glass of milk and my aunt running after him to wear his socks and get ready so as not to miss his school bus. My eldest cousin is so obsessed with his biceps that I am sure he would be exercising in his dreams too.Half an hour later when I get back to the main living room most of the people have left either to their schools or offices. As I comb my hair I wonder which color would I get my hair streaked this time, this golden blond shade gives me a cheeky look, may be I will try something ethnic this time. At eight fifteen I am out of my house. Standing at the red light I wondered if I could have had a gadget of some sorts to take me to the office in minutes instead of half an hour of driving. With that a smile surfaces my face – I remembered Harry Potter’s latest movie I watched last Saturday. I was a big time fan of Harry Potter. Had this novel come at my age I would have been the most famous witch of my era and by gods grace it would have saved me the trouble of driving through these crowded roads, cluttered with vehicles, honking all through.I head towards our cubicles or Ring as I rightly liked to all it.


I was pleased to see that the ringleader was not there. (That’s what I like calling our Team Head –Ringleader). Half an our later settling down for the early morning meeting,my team(very popularly known as the Four Musketeers),we had a heated discussion on the billing status.Targets have always been the driving force for any sales team as your incentive structures are based on the same. After say twenty minutes of all the important discussions we gear up for the day.As I reach back office after all that clutter on the roads and thanking the cab driver for carrying me around the two states (Delhi & Haryana), finishing the work for the day,I realized it was quarter to four. It was past lunchtime and I was really low on energy. I rushed to the pantry, picked my favorite classic salted pack of wafers and a bottle of coke. With that I would like to officially thank and bless the maker of this soft drink called Coke. My taste buds are so prone to it that a day without the same.

After reaching my desk I checked my mails once again and started attending to the necessary paper work. I was thinking of calling it a day . Worried to reach home ASAP, to tell the truth I was too tired to even be buried. And not to forget, I still had an hour of drive at hand to reach home, as at nights the traffic was even worse.By the time I reached home it’s already eight thirty. After spending some more time with my cousins I took my meals and moved to my room.

Don’t know from whom did I inherit this reading habit but then I can’t sleep without reading few pages. Could be anything from Harry Potter to Atlus Shrugged or even Angels & Demons, science fiction or pure fiction or even biographies, the idea is to let the creative juices flow.

No comments: